7.05.2012

New used for Grandma's old treadle sewing machine

Our guest bathroom was a wonderful project and it turned out beautifully!.   

Carl and I tore out the old vanity, large plate glass mirror, and vinyl.  I tiled the floor, replaced the lighting, and refinished the sewing cabinet.  Carl and I put up the wainscoating, which I really love.  

The new "vanity" is special, as I spent many hours as a child learning to sew on my grandmother's treadle machine.  My first project, at the age of 6, was a doll blanket from an old white pillowcase.  I was so proud and my doll looked so pretty wrapped in her "new" blanket!

Also, the "honey pot" was very appreciated as a little girl, as it kept me from having to go outside at night to use the outhouse.                                      
                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment